Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From Plagerism to Lesbians to Isaiah

Isaiah 62:1,6-7 "For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till He establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth."

The current title, "Notes from a Watchman," is the third title I have had for this blog in the 30 hours or so that I have had it. Pathetic, I know. You see, the thing about me is this: I am a impulsive passionist. That's how I would describe myself at least. When I want something, I want it now. I don't want to look for better deals or wait until I have the money for it or sit around wondering what it would be like to have that. I don't beat around the bush, so to speak. I am straight to the point and brutally, or passionately, honest with anyone and everyone. One more thing about me: I am very opinionated. I have a lot of opinions and I am certainly not afraid to voice them. Whether that is a bad thing or a good thing, I don't know. I think a little of both.

So, this blog is my new thing. And I think this could be something I really enjoy. I love to write, to encourage, to teach, to admonish, and to spill my guts I guess you could say. Again, weird, I know. But, I think being an impulsive passionist and having a love for writing, well about the important stuff anyways, like JESUS, has led to me changing my title three times in 30 hours.

My first title was "Ramblings and Utterances." I liked it. Eloquent, but mysterious at the same time. Perfect title. The only thing was that someone else I knew used the word ramblings in their title. I couldn't plagerize his word, if that makes any sense. It just wouldn't be right.

Then my second title was "Whispers in the Wind." Again, eloquent and mysterious at the same time. In the description, I tied in the Greek word pnuema which is used for the Holy Spirit in the Bible and is translated as wind or breathe in English. But, at the same time, it did sound a little, how do I put this lightly, feminine and nostalgic. Just because I was curious, I googled "Whispers in the Wind." Guess what I found? Whispers in the Wind is actually an old book written by a guy named Frankie Jones about two lesbian girls. So, being the very masculine man I am, this title just wasn't an option. Don't read into that, I don't hate lesbians. Take it easy.

Anyways, the title I have now is perfect. I love it in fact. It's original and all-encompassing and, I think, somewhat though-provoking. And what do you know, it was inspired by Scripture. God's just amazing like that though. He even cares about the little details and intricacies of life, like the title of a blog. That's just one of the many reason why I am absolutely CRAZY about Him. What a God I serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment