Monday, May 25, 2009

Clarification

As I read over my post from last night I noticed a lot of spelling errors and words left out. Pathetic. It was late but that's still no excuse. I will do better this time. I promise. But before I continue on with the line of thought from my last post, I want to clarify a few things.

Like I said, I love talking about Jesus and my discussion with my friend last night was really good. It was just what I needed in fact. But again as I read my previous post I feel like I may have sounded a little tough on the church. Let me clarify. Do I believe that there are problems in the church? Absolutely. The church has issues and problems and downfalls. I believe that in some aspects the church has been misguided and become lost. However, I also believe and know that the church is the bride of Christ. Jesus even says so. And that title or distinction demands respect, love, and even admiration. Think about it. What does it mean to be the bride of Christ? It is a precious, beloved position to be in to be certain. So, I don't want to come down hard on the bride of Jesus. I don't, really. But I do think that there are things that the church can work on. I have a vision of what I believe the church can and should look like and all I want to do is gently nudge her in that direction. To do that, I realize that I need to be careful. There are many things that I love about the church. Don't get me wrong. There are several churches and pastors that I believe are truly following Christ. But I desire and long for the bride of Christ to reach her full potential as she races after Christ, her Groom.

Make sense? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment